Who is this for?
This is an introductory topic for software developers who want to learn about performance analysis methodology for Linux applications running on Arm Neoverse.
What will you learn?
Upon completion of this learning path, you will be able to:
- Understand sampling and counting for performance analysis
- Learn commonly used hardware metrics
- Analyze a sample application using the Arm Telemetry Solution and Linux Perf
- Make an application code change and see improved performance
Before starting, you will need the following:
- An Arm Neoverse N1 computer running Linux. A bare metal or cloud metal instance is best because they expose more counters. You can use a virtual machine (VM), but it may offer fewer counters and some commands might not succeed.