Who is this for?
This is an introductory topic for software developers who want to learn how to use BOLT on an Arm executable.
What will you learn?
Upon completion of this learning path, you will be able to:
- Build an application which is ready to be optimized by BOLT
- Profile an application and collect performance information
- Run BOLT to create an optimized executable
Before starting, you will need the following:
- An Arm based system running Linux with
Linux Perf installed. The Linux kernel should be version 5.15 or later. Earlier kernel versions can be used, but some Linux Perf features may be limited or not available.
- (Optional) A second, more powerful Linux system to build the software executable and run BOLT.